Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Scheduled events :: past, present, and future

From now until the end of the year I think things will be BUSY---deliberate capital letters kind of BUSY--for us at the shop (and for everyone, really.) It's exciting, though, and I have a bunch of things I want to mention.

First, Nancy MacCallum of Nancyrosetta was our First Friday artist and what a successful show it was!

Nancy's display, photo courtesy of Nancy MacCallum
Enjoying the reception, photo again courtesy of Nancy MacCallum

Her new work is wonderful. Her blog shows some of her work and I always enjoy seeing what she's making. The cherry blossom pieces make me happy happy.

Our next First Friday will be on Friday (makes sense, right?), December 5th from 5-7pm and will showcase the work of Ann Gorbett. Be sure to stop in for the last FF of the year!

Julie and I are working on some fun things for the holidays and have been viewing and editing proofs on something since Friday (Oh, are we making our designer work! "Can you make this more 'eggplant' than it looks now?" we emailed her just minutes ago.) It's for a little giveaway we hope to have for our Small Works show opening reception on Friday!

Speaking of that, our SMALL WORKS SHOWwill be officially displayed on Friday, November 14 with an opening reception Friday from 5-7 and Saturday from 11-3. We'll be serving light refreshments and showing a wide selection of stellar work.

I've been painting away and so have our other in-house artists. Kathy Weller has diligently been communicating with me regarding her progress. She eagerly decided to do a grouping of small works on mini easels which I cannot wait to receive.

Here is a quick photo she sent me of a work in-progress. (I suspect it might be on its way home with me rather than make an appearance at the gallery. )
Two Kitties, Kathy Weller, all rights reserved

Give us a shot before shopping at generic chain stores for your shopping this season. Come to Gallery9 where you can buy art and give art easily. You'll find great prices and no stress.

Hope to see you at the gallery!

1 comment:

nancyrosetta said...

Thanks so much Kim!

I can't wait for this friday's small works show! I plan on doing some holiday shopping, it should be a great show!

Powered By Blogger