Friday, August 8, 2008

On the agenda for First Fridays:


Tonight, from 5-7pm we are holding our first First Friday artist opening. It's quite exciting.

Jennifer O'Neil, our in-house abstract artist, will be in the gallery to discuss her work and answer any questions you may have. It's always a lot of fun to meet the artist behind the work so please come by if you can.




For a little information about Jennifer here is her artist statement. I love how succinctly she describes how and why she makes art.

"When I started painting I knew I wanted to create pieces that interpreted my feelings and evoked feelings in others. Working mostly from my imagination I choose color and shape that fits the mood of the situation or perhaps simply fits the mood that I am currently in. My goal is to make abstract art accessible to everyone. My hope is that my work draws you in and tells a story, a story that only you know."

Now isn't your curiosity piqued?

First Fridays at the gallery are a great reason to come to Norwood Center which offers wonderful options for meals, too. Perhaps you'll consider coming to our opening and staying in town for dinner and a drink. What fun!

Upcoming First Friday events:
Jennifer O'Neil August 8th
Kerry Hawkins September 5th
Jude McGinn October 3rd
Nancy MacCallum November 7th
Ann Gorbett December 5th

And for those sticklers out there reading this: we know that LAST Friday was the first and the first Friday of August. Much like election day, if the first Friday of the month is the first of the month, our First Friday opening will be on the following Friday. It never hurts to have a little extra time....

No comments:

Powered By Blogger